How Chiropractic Care Can Help Shoulder Pain
The aches and pains of that are caused by, persist through, and interrupt daily life are no fun, to say the least. Beyond that, pain caused by falls, car accidents, and other unexpected personal injuries can go beyond that and actually stop the daily routine due to agony and limited range of motion.
At Midwest Chiropractic Center, we have over 30 years of experience in dealing with shoulder pain caused from desk posture, arthritis, sports-related injuries, car accidents, and other personal injury events. You can receive the relief and healing that you are looking for when you choose to make chiropractic care an essential part of your shoulder pain treatment plan.
In today’s blog, we will highlight some of the most common causes of shoulder pain that we see here in our Columbus chiropractic clinic, and we will discuss some common types of treatments that we use to provide pain relief, restore range of motion, and allow for healing from shoulder pain and injuries.
Read on to learn more or schedule an appointment with us by filling out our online request form.
Common Causes of Shoulder Pain
The shoulder is a ball and socket joint that provides an incredible range of movement and rotation. The shoulder is complex and subject to stress and injuries from all kinds of external forces and internal influences. As such, shoulder pain can be caused by lots of different conditions and mechanisms of injury. However, there are a few that we see more commonly than others here in our Columbus shoulder care center.
- Pinched nerves
- Torn cartilage
- Overuse injuries
- Bone spurs
- Torn rotator cuff
- And trauma caused by work and auto accidents
Common Chiropractic Treatments For Shoulder Pain
Treating shoulder pain effectively starts with a thorough diagnosis of what is wrong. When you meet with a chiropractor for the first time, you should expect to go through some questions about your pain, a review of your medical history, and some strength and range of motion testing to determine what is wrong. If more testing is needed, your chiropractor may request x-rays or other diagnostic tests to get a deeper look at the problem. After all, some shoulder pain can actually be caused by problems with the spine, so knowing what is really going on is crucial.
Next, your chiropractor will design a specific shoulder pain treatment plan for that you that may include:
- Inflammation Control: Before you can treat and heal a shoulder joint properly, you have to reduce inflammation caused by irritation and excess fluids. This can be managed in a number of ways depending on what is causing your shoulder pain.
- Massage Therapy: Muscles and other soft tissues are constantly exerting forces on your skeletal structure. Tight muscles can pull your body out of alignment and make injuries worse. Combine this with massage’s therapeutic healing and it’s no wonder it is such an important part of so many shoulder pain treatment plans.
- Joint Manipulation: Once inflammation is removed and muscles are relaxed, gentle joint manipulation can help to loosen stiff joints and help a shoulder return to greater ranges of movement with less pain.
- Various Chiropractic Techniques: Different styles of chiropractic techniques and adjustments are likely to be used, depending on the root cause of your shoulder pain.
- Physical Therapy: The most important part of getting better is building back up the strength and durability to protect yourself from re-injury. Physical therapy can help you accomplish this with important exercises that help you build up strength without damaging the good work taking place in the rest of your treatment program.
Make An Appointment With Midwest Chiropractic Center To Address Your Shoulder Pain Today
If you’re looking for relief from your shoulder pain, Dr. Peter Manz at Midwest Chiropractic Center can help. We provide treatment for arthritis to personal injury claims to do work and car accidents. Get in touch today to schedule your initial consultation.